1st or 2nd yr Night Float resident responsibilities:
- Manage labor and delivery suite from 7 PM until 8 AM.
- Admit and manage all patients.
- riage all patients when midwife is unavailable.
- All patients must be presented to the attending and discussions should be documented prior to disposition.
- First call for postpartum and antepartum complications overnight.
- Round on the Labor and Delivery patients in the morning to be presented by 8:00 AM.
- Participate in teaching and supervising students in obstetric care and procedures.
Mercy 3rd year:
- Duty 5:00pm to 7:00am, sunday to thursday
- Cover gyn, gyn onc, ER, antepartums on the floor
- Help first call if needed
- Mandatory attendance at Grand Rounds at Mercy, continuity clinic, and Friday mornings at University