Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical nutrition therapy is required by everyone in our program. You must have six months (in a majority of cases), of consecutive, monthly nutrition education*. Nutrition education must be provided by a registered dietitian or physician.
Center for Weight Management and Wellness nutrition classes are complementary.
Our goal is to improve your current health and help you prepare for the many lifestyle changes after bariatric surgery.
Our experts provide information to:
- Support you before surgery in making realistic lifestyle changes.
- Encourage you to make small-specific-consistent goals needed for a healthy weight loss.
- Educate you on post-operative bariatric surgery recovery.
- Inspire you to achieve long-lasting weight maintenance.
- Please be on time. If you are going to be more than 10 minutes late, Do Not Come, please call the office to reschedule.
- Do not bring children.
- All paper work should be completed before class.
- Purchase a 3-ring binder to keep all handouts organized.
Insurance companies require specific details in each individual note. Whether your diet takes place at our center or elsewhere, each monthly note must contain the following:
- Patient name
- Weight, weight change
- Current diet
- Physician Signature
*Contact your benefits manager to obtain the details of your nutrition education responsibility.
If you would like to make an appointment or talk to someone about our services, please call 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 or 410-328-8940 (physicians).
This page was last updated: November 10, 2014