Weight Loss Seminar
The first step of your weight loss journey begins with learning about all your options. We offer free seminars about medical weight loss and how our services can help you regain a healthy life.
Weight Loss Surgery at University of Maryland Medical Center
The University of Maryland (UM) Center for Weight Management and Wellness offers a comprehensive surgical and medical approach to weight loss. In our free educational seminars, you’ll learn more about how we can help you with weight loss.
Bariatric (weight loss) surgery helps adults from ages 18 to 70 who cannot lose a large amount of weight and maintain the loss through diet, exercise and other lifestyle changes.
Step 1: Our Free Seminars About Medical Weight Loss
In our educational seminars, our bariatric surgeon covers everything you need to know about weight loss surgery, including gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy. Topics include:
- Health insurance requirements
- Nutrition and exercise
- Our weight loss program, including medical nutrition therapy and surgery
- Reasons to consider bariatric surgery
- Types of bariatric surgery and the risks and benefits of each
- Your follow-up care after surgery
Attend a Weight Loss Seminar In Person
Attend one of our seminars in person so that you can meet some of our team and ask questions. We hold our free seminars four times each month in:
- Baltimore: University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC)
- Glen Burnie: University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- Greenbelt: Hilton Garden Inn
- Kent Island: Holiday Inn Express
- Pikesville: Doubletree by Hilton Holiday Inn Express
- Towson: University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (Classes start in July)
To attend an in-person seminar:
- Reserve your space now through our pre-registration form for in-person seminars.
- Download, print and fill out our health questionnaire. You’ll need to bring it with you to the seminar you’re attending.
Online Seminar for Weight Loss Surgery
Watch our patient seminar online from the comfort of your own home, anytime you like. The only differences between the online and the in-person seminar are:
- You will not be able to ask our surgeon questions.
- At the end of the online seminar, you’ll need to take a quiz and score at least 80 percent before you can schedule your consultation.
Register for our online seminar now.
Step 2: Schedule a Consultation with Our Weight Loss Surgeons
You’ve decided to have bariatric surgery after attending one of our seminars. Your next step is to schedule a consultation our bariatric surgeon, Mark Kligman. Call us at 1-800-492-5538 to make an appointment.
If your primary care physician is referring you to us for bariatric surgery, your health insurance plan may require you to have a referral form. Ask your physician to provide you with a completed and signed referral form, and bring it with you to your appointment with us.
Free Weight Loss Seminars: Dates and Locations
Our seminars are from 6 to 8 p.m. and led by Dr. Kligman. The dates and locations for our 2016 seminars are listed below.
|University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
|Main Hospital, Third Floor
|University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
|University of Maryland Shore Medical Pavilion at Queenstown
|Third Floor Conference Room
|University of Maryland Medical Center Patient Resource Assembly Room
Contact Us About Weight Loss
If you have questions about our seminars or weight loss program, please call us at 1-800-492-5538.