A team of board-certified urologists works closely with other medical and surgical specialists to provide comprehensive urologic patient care.
Although all urologic problems are seen at University of Maryland, the list belows lists some of the more common urologic problems evaluated here.
- Complex fluorourodynamic evaluations
- Penile duplex studies
- Urogynecology evaluations with gynecology and urology services
- Prostate cancer screening
- Prostate ultrasound
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Implant surgery for erectile dysfunction
- Robotic prostatectomy: The latest, most minimally invasive approach to prostate cancer surgery
- Radioactive seed implantation for prostatic cancer
- Simultaneous bilateral nephrectomy transplant for polycystic kidney disease
- Nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy (both retropubic and perineal for prostate cancer)
- Transurethral needle ablation of prostate (TUNA)
- Laparoscopic surgery for pelvic lymph node dissection and nephrectomies
- Artificial urinary sphincters
- Orthotopic bladder diversions
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy
- Pubovaginal bladder suspension and cystocele repair
- Sacral neuromodulation for urinary incontinence
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation (biofeedback and electrical stimulation)
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).
This page was last updated: August 2, 2013