Founded in 1968, the University of Maryland Medical Center's Division of Transplantation is one of the busiest transplant programs in the country and has established a national reputation for innovation and technical excellence. It is a comprehensive center with transplantation expertise in kidney, pancreas, simultaneous kidney-pancreas, liver, heart and lungs. Each year the transplant team performs more than 400 transplants.
As part of the University of Maryland Medical Center, we bring experts together from various specialties to provide the most compassionate, sophisticated patient care.
- Takes advantage of living donor kidney registries to match recipients with better donors
- Offers adult living donor liver transplantation as an option to get patients transplanted earlier in their disease progression
- Is home to premier academic surgeons who are known for their innovative work in thoracic and abdominal transplant surgery and research
- Provides access to the latest advances in transplant technology and immunosuppressive medication therapy
- Conducts NIH-funded research to improve patient outcomes
- Is lead by a team of medicine doctors, surgeons, skilled nurses and coordinators who specialize in managing patients before and after transplantation
To speak with someone about our services, please call 410-328-5408 or 1-800-492-5538.