Jeffrey R. Galvin, M.D.
Professor of Radiology and Medicine, University of Maryland
Chief, Pulmonary and Mediastinal imaging, American Institute for Radiologic Pathology
Radiology: Thoracic Imaging
Medicine: Pulmonary and Critical Care (secondary appointment)
Special Interests: Interstitial lung diseases, smoking-related lung diseases, new imaging modalities for lung structure and function
Medical Degree: Northwestern University School of Medicine
Residency: Internal Medicine, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI
Diagnostic Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Fellowship: Pulmonary/Critical Care, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Certification: Internal Medicine; Radiology; Pulmonary
Dr. Galvin is a Professor in the Departments of Radiology and Internal Medicine (Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care) at the University of Maryland and is currently the Chief of Pulmonary and Mediastinal imaging at the American Institute for Radiologic Pathology (Silver Spring, MD). He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Radiology. He was Director of the Medical Intensive Care Unit at the University of Iowa and then Chief of Chest imaging before being appointed Distinguished Scientist at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in 1997. He is a member of the Fleishner Society and is focused on improving our understanding of diffuse lung injury through radiologic-pathologic correlation.
- Imaging of interstitial lung diseases
- Imaging of smoking-related lung diseases
- Imaging techniques to evaluate pulmonary structure and function
- Ultrafast CT in cardiac imaging
- The relationship between cigarette smoke and fibrosis as defined by imaging parameters.
- The effect of Radiologic-pathologic correlation on final pulmonary diagnosis
- The utility of on-line databases for teaching and diagnosis.
- M.D. Northwestern University School of Medicine (1975)
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Butterworth Hospital (1976-78)
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (1979-81)
- Residency, Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (1984-88)
1-800-373-4111 (physicians only)
1-800-492-5538 (patients only)
1-410-328-8919 (news media only)
1-410-328-5700 (academic office)
This page was last updated: November 18, 2014