The University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency Program is a participant in both the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Residency Matching Program.
Important Information About the Application Process:
Applicants for PGY-1 positions:
- Applications for PGY-1 positions accepted through ERAS.
- We will contact you if you are offered an interview.
Applicants for PGY-2, PGY-3 and PGY-4 positions:
- Each year, we have several PGY-2 positions available and welcome applicants for PGY-2 positions.
- PGY-2, PGY-3 and PGY-4 positions are offered out of the Match.
- You may apply through ERAS or submit directly to us the same documents contained in an ERAS application.
Letters of Recommendation:
- In addition to the Medical School Performance Evaluation ("MSPE" or Dean's Letter), three letters of recommendation are required.
- Applicants must pass Steps 1 and 2 to enter the program.
- There are no minimum "cut off" scores.
Medical School Graduation Date:
- There is no restriction on the number of years since graduation from medical school.
- J-1 visa sponsorship only.
- ECFMG certification required.
- Significant clinical experience in Psychiatry in the U.S. is required.
- Observerships/externships are not available.
The Training Office will contact you by email or telephone if we offer you the opportunity to interview for a position. Interviews are scheduled for Tuesdays and Fridays, typically starting in October and running through January. The interview day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at approximately 4:30 p.m.
The faculty reviews all applications in detail. Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of your application or to inform you that you have not been selected to interview.
For more information, contact:
Training Program Administrator:
Ms. Barbara Burns
Phone: (410) 328-6325
University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency Training Program
University of Maryland
701 W. Pratt St., 4th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201