MRI of the Brain
The Maryland Center for Multiple Sclerosis at the University of Maryland Medical Center is committed to providing the highest level of diagnosis and long-term care for individuals with MS.
We work closely with patients, families and primary care physicians to develop treatment plans that help patients manage their conditions effectively and lead active, productive lives.
The Maryland Center for Multiple Sclerosis is recognized as a world leader in innovative research programs with the goal of finding effective therapies and eventually curing or preventing MS.
To make an appointment with an multiple sclerosis specialist, call 410-328-4323.
Diagnosis and Management of Multiple Sclerosis
- Rehabilitation: Physical and occupational therapy, speech therapy and assessment of swallowing problems are available through the Center.
- Outpatient Services: Outpatient therapy services are available at the University of Maryland Medical Center, UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute, UM Rehabilitation Institute at Woodlawn, as well as locations throughout the University of Maryland Rehabilitation Network.
- Inpatient Services: Patients who require intense inpatient rehabilitation are treated at the UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute.
- Infusion Services: Often intravenous medications are prescribed for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Infusion services are available in our Ambulatory Center.
- Education and Patient Library: Members of the MS Center are active in MS education for patients, family members and other health team members. Center physicians and nurses volunteer with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to give lectures and assist with local support groups. The Center has extensive written information regarding multiple sclerosis and treatment options.