2012 faculty/resident pictures
The University of Maryland School of Medicine was founded in 1807 as the fifth medical school established in the United States and was the first medical school to build its own hospital for clinical instruction. The Baltimore Infirmary, the forerunner of University Hospital and the University of Maryland Medical System, was opened in 1823.
Located in downtown Baltimore, the 32-acre campus of the University of Maryland Baltimore is shared by the schools of dentistry, law, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and social work, and the graduate school.
The new University of Maryland Medical Center hospital, combined with the Frank C. Bressler Research Building, the Medical School Teaching Facility, the Biomedical Research Facility, the Health Sciences Facility, the Baltimore Veterans Administration Medical Center and the new state-of-the art William Donald Schaefer Rehabilitation Center at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedics Institute, formally Kernan Hospital, form an extensive network of clinical, research and teaching facilities.
The University of Maryland Medical Center is the centerpiece of the11-hospital University of Maryland Medical System. These hospitals create a presence felt throughout the state, with tertiary referrals directed to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
For more information, select from the following list:
This page was last updated: September 26, 2013