Treatments for Liver Cancer
Experts within the University of Maryland Liver Center consider all possible options to help patientsdetermine a treatment plan for liver cancer. The multidisciplinary team of physicians examine each patient's case at a weekly meeting and discuss treatment options, which can include surgery, chemotherapy or radiation.
Learn more about liver-directed therapies for patients with liver cancer.
The University of Maryland has been recognized for its treatment of liver cancer, including:
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) - the University of Maryland is the first and one of the most experienced radioembolization centers in the country
- Intrabiliary brachytherapy - as a component of pre-liver transplant treatment of bile duct cancers that requires tremendous expertise
- Complex cancer genetic testing for patients who require advanced therapy
- Robot-assisted liver surgery allows for high rates of success in high-risk patients
- Hyperthermic Interperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
To schedule an appointment at the Liver Center, please call 1-800-492-5538. Physicians may call 1-800-373-4111.