Watch Nate Brunson's transplant story.
The liver transplant program within the University of Maryland Liver Center is one of the most robust programs in the country, performing more transplants now than ever before and with better than expected outcomes. Click here to visit the full liver transplant site.
Read and watch stories from liver transplant recipients.
Quick facts about the liver transplant program:
- Performed more liver transplants than any other program in Maryland since 2010*
- Offers adult living donor liver transplantation
- Best one-year patient survival rates after liver transplant in Maryland**
- Largest referral center in region for acute liver failure***
- Patients transplanted sooner based on highest transplant rate in Maryland ****
- Liver transplant anesthesia team specially trained to manage complicated surgeries, minimize complications and reduce requirements for blood transfusions
- World-class transplant immunologists developing new protocols to reduce risk of graft rejection, minimize and eliminate ongoing steroid therapy, and preserve and protect kidney function
- Performed first transplant in Maryland for the treatment of hilar cholangiocarcinoma (aggressive bile duct cancer)
To schedule an appointment at the Liver Center, please call 1-800-492-5538. Physicians may call 1-800-373-4111.
This page was last updated: July 29, 2014