Partnership with referring physicians begins at the time of referral and continues through the patient's treatment at the University of Maryland Liver Center. Physicians within the Liver Center are available to receive emergent referrals, non-urgent consults, conduct genetic testing or provide second opinions on complex diagnoses.
Referring physicians can reach the Liver Center by calling the physician-dedicated number, 1-800-373-4111.
- Gain 24-hour access to physicians for consultations
- Schedule outpatient appointments
- Register for continuing medical education and physician events
- Set up patient transfers through University of Maryland ExpressCare
Visit the Health Professionals page to see more resources and news for referring physicians. Premiere articles include:
Critical Care Receiving Unit (CCRU)
The Liver Center receives emergency transfers through the Critical Care Receiving Unit (CCRU), the first of its kind in the country established to receive, evaluate, diagnose and triage patients to the appropriate critical care unit for immediate attention. The model for the CCRU was designed based on the world renowned R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center's Trauma Resuscitation Unit to provide time-sensitive care when life is on the line.
- Consults with Maryland ExpressCare and referring physicians before a patient is transferred to the medical center
- Provides 8 additional beds to accept the most critically ill patients
- Is staffed 24/7 by a dedicated team of nurses and physicians
Physicians may contact the Liver Center by calling 1-800-373-4111.
This page was last updated: January 23, 2014