As part of the University of Maryland Medical Center, the Liver Center has a record of excellence:
- #1 Liver Transplant Program in Maryland – performing more liver transplants with better outcomes, according to SRTR data.
- First hospital in Maryland to use the Molecular Absorbents Recirculation System (MARS) device to provide liver support and prevent multi-organ failure.
- First hospital in Maryland to use NanoKnife to treat primary as well as metastatic cancer.
- Home to the first and one of the most experienced radioembolization centers in the country.
- 7 Liver Center physicians named Baltimore Magazine’s "Top Doctors" 2013.
- Only liver transplant program in Maryland recognized by U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration for "better than expected performance" in pre- and post-liver transplant outcomes in 2012.
- One of 33 hospitals in the United States to be honored by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) for adherence to ASGE safety guidelines and commitment to quality assurance in endoscopy.
- Recognized as a top Gastroenterology program by U.S. News and World Report.
To schedule an appointment at the Liver Center, please call 1-800-492-5538. Physicians may call 1-800-373-4111.
This page was last updated: January 23, 2014