The University of Maryland Pulmonary hypertension Center of Comprehensive Care, one of just two centers in Maryland with that distinction, is dedicated to patients with all types of pulmonary hypertension (PH). We treat a wide range of patients, including patients with complex, advanced forms of the disease. Our Pulmonary Hypertension Program is one of the only centers in the mid-Atlantic region offering the pulmonary thromboendarterectomy procedure, a complex surgery to treat chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH).
What is Pulmonary Hypertension?
Watch Gautam Ramani, MD, explain what pulmonary hypertension is and how it's treated at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Click here to learn more about pulmonary hypertension.
Treatment at the University of Maryland
At our practice, you receive focused, comprehensive care from a team of experts who work together to manage your care effectively. We offer comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to patients with all forms and stages of pulmonary hypertension. Features of our care include:
- Center of Comprehensive Care: Just one of two in the state, University of Maryland's Pulmonary Hypertension Program has the ability to care for the full spectrum of pulmonary hypertension patients. The program also contributes to the tracking of diagnostic and treatment patterns and patient outcomes, helping to establish best practices in patient care.
- Expert team: Our team includes specialists from many different fields of medicine who have dedicated their careers to diagnosing and treating pulmonary hypertension. In addition, we coordinate with your referring physician, ensuring you receive smooth, integrated care. Meet our team.
- One-stop care: Everything you need is in our medical center. From diagnostic procedures to surgery, you don’t need to travel elsewhere to get excellent, comprehensive care. We also offer care at our outreach practices in Westminster, the Eastern Shore and Upper Chesapeake. Visit our locations.
- Clinical trials: You have access to the latest medications and therapies to treat PH before they are available to the general public.
- Thorough follow-up care: PH requires intensive, ongoing follow-up care. We provide this, monitoring you closely during your treatment. We will adjust medications as necessary and discuss surgical options if medications are not sufficient. Our team is always available to talk to you and answer your questions.
Meet Our Team
Our clinic brings together many different experts in the field of pulmonary hypertension to offer you the most effective, comprehensive care available. Meet our team.
Our PH team includes:
- Catheterization specialists
- Social workers
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists
Together, our team provides:
- Initial consultation
- Accurate diagnosis
- Individualized treatment for both primary and secondary forms of pulmonary hypertension
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 1-866-408-6885.