The Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine, based at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center, provides inpatient and outpatient medical services. The division has particular interest in preventive medicine, geriatric assessment and geriatric rehabilitation.
- Obesity in aging
- Type 2 diabetes and aging
- Cardiovascular risk factors and aging
- Recent functional decline
- Altered mentation (depression, delirium, dementia)
- Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC) assessment center for cardiovascular risk factor reduction
- Obesity/body composition
- Geriatric assessment (outpatient and inpatient consultation)
- Geriatric Evaluation and Management Unit (inpatient)
- Exercise training
- Comprehensive care of the frail elderly, rehabilitation medicine
- Continuity of care for frail elderly patients
Looking for a gerontology fellowship? Take a look at what we offer in our fellowship.
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians). If you prefer, you may call the division directly at 410-605-7185.