Our History and Alums

Photo of Davidge Hall

Davidge Hall

Established in 1807, the University Of Maryland School Of Medicine was the fifth medical school founded in the United States. In 1969, Dr. William Stewart started one of the nation's first family practice programs. The program accepted its first residents in 1970 and became a fully accredited program in 1973. Five years later, the University Of Maryland School Of Medicine granted Family Medicine full departmental status. The residency has been based on the campus of the University Of Maryland Medical Center since the very beginning, with the Family Health Center currently located one block from the University of Maryland Medical Center. Now 40 years later, we have nearly 400 graduates practicing across the country.

For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800-492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians).

This page was last updated: September 17, 2014

         
Average rating (0)