Computed Tomography (CT)
A CT scan is a quick and simple diagnostic tool that physicians use to see inside the body. The CT scan is a non- invasive test that uses x-rays to visualize your organs. Your doctor will request a CT scan with or without contrast media. Contrast media is sometimes needed to highlight certain organs so they can be seen. The information received from a CT scan can be used by a physician to rule out or diagnose the presence of any abnormalities or ailments. The diagnosis received from a CT can be very vital in determining a course of treatment.
A CT scanner offers several advantages:
- Clear and detailed images in a matter of seconds.
- Timely results, so your doctor can detect and treat diseases as soon as possible.
- Quick scan times that alleviate discomfort or anxiety.
- Philips Dose Wise technology that minimizes your radiation dose.
- A CT scanner that accommodates patients of various shapes and sizes.
Our CT department offers a wide array of exams. Cardiac Scoring and Virtual Colonoscopy are two of the screening procedures that are available.