Trauma and Emergency Radiology
The Trauma and Emergency Radiology Section serves patients at the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center and University of Maryland Medical Center Emergency Department. Specializing in diagnostic imaging for patients experiencing acute traumatic and non-traumatic medical emergencies, including severe multi-system trauma, radiologists work with both medical and surgical specialists to provide comprehensive patient evaluation.
- Non-traumatic surgical and medical emergencies
- Complex soft tissue infections
- Shock and sepsis
- Computed tomography (CT)
- CT Angiography
- CT applications of imaging in blunt and penetrating trauma
- MRI applications in the trauma patient
- CT angiography of vascular injuries
- Imaging work-flow in the emergency department
Services to Physicians
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Evaluation of patient conditions
For more information call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 1-800- 492-5538 (patients) or 1-800-373-4111 (physicians) or call the division directly at 410-328-9254 or 410-328-8843.