The Musculoskeletal Radiology section includes four full-time faculty members (two of whom are members of the International Skeletal Society), who are responsible for the performance and interpretation of all examinations related to musculoskeletal (MSK) imaging. The fellowship includes ample experience in all facets of musculoskeletal imaging, including advanced CT and MR applications, as well as MSK ultrasound. The fellowship experience has a particular emphasis on orthopedics with a vast collection of material obtained through the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center and Baltimore VAMC. Extensive referrals, including those from the comprehensive University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center and an active sports medicine practice, provide a wide variety of cases for academic endeavors.
MSK Fellowship Information - 2015
2 Funded Positions
S. Resnik, M.D.
Professor of Radiology and Orthopaedics
Director of Musculoskeletal Radiology,
Radiology Residency Program Director (at UMMS since 1986)
E. Mulligan, M.D.
Professor of Radiology,
MSK Radiology Fellowship Program Director
Chief of Radiology - University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedics Institute
(at UMMS since 1993)
- Lina Chen, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology (at UMMS since 2009)
- Derik Davis, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology (at UMMS since 2010)
Facilities/Equipment: Seven hospitals, One imaging center
- UMMC: 655 beds, 240,000 total exams; 40,000 CTs, 10,000 MRs; 3 CT (one dual energy), 4 MR (3T and two 1.5T), 2 research MR (one 3T and one 7T), AGFA-PACS
- Shock trauma: 140 beds, 2CT, AGFA-PACS
- VA: 750 beds, 80,000 exams, 2 CT (one dual energy), 2 MR (1.5T and 3T), McKesson PACS
- University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedics Institute, formerly Kernan Hospital (Ortho/Rehab): 130 beds, 30,000 exams, 1 CT (64 slice)
- University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus: 250 beds, 1 CT, 1 MR (1.5T)
- Good Samaritan Hospital: 346 beds; 1 CT, 1 MR (1.5T) [Baltimore Orioles seen here]
- Union Memorial Hospital: 310 beds; CT, MR (1.5T) [Baltimore Ravens seen here]
Outside Imaging Center:
- University Imaging Center: Paca/Redwood - 15,000 exams, 1 CT, 1 MR (1.5T)
Conferences (in addition to twice daily resident conferences)
- Weekly Tuesday and Wednesday morning Sports Medicine Conference at UM Rehabilition and Orthopaedic Institute
- Weekly Thursday morning Orthopaedic Basic Science at UMMC
- Monthly Musculoskeletal Radiology Journal Club
- Monthly Rheumatology at UMMC
- Monthly Orthopedic Grand Rounds
Vacation Time: 22 workdays (includes last week of June)
Meeting Time: 5 days ($1,500)
Call: Averages 1 weekend every 6–8 weeks
This page was last updated: May 18, 2015