UMMC Dyspnea and Cough Clinic
The University of Maryland Medical Center Dyspnea and Cough Clinic (UMDCC) provides same day outpatient care and diagnostic services to patients with complex and severe shortness of breath and/or cough, including:
- Patients in whom the cause of shortness of breath is difficult to determine.
- Patients whose shortness of breath is intractable.
- Patients whose shortness of breath is out of proportion to their known physical problems.
A multidisciplinary approach, UMDCC combines the specialties of cardiology, pulmonology and radiology to offer patients a definitive diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plan in a single visit.* Full access to radiographic facilities, echocardiographic testing and pulmonary diagnostics ensures complete analysis and individualized treatment options.
UMDCC's expert nursing and support staff work closely with referring physicians to coordinate all necessary appointments and assist patients while they are being evaluated. The presence of the interdisciplinary team and the availability of consultative services by board-certified University of Maryland Medical Center physicians warrants access to a continuum of care and communication. UMDCC guarantees timely and accurate transfer of patient information to referring physicians and staff members are available to answer patient questions.
* The complete one-day diagnostic work up is subject to the terms of each patient's specific insurance coverage.
For more information, consultation, or patient referral, contact the University of Maryland Dyspnea and Cough Clinic at 410-328-8141. Consumers or patients can call 1-800-492-5538.
- Pulmonary function tests
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Exercise testing
- CT scan
- Chest radiograph
- Oxygen saturation
- Screening for sleep-related breathing disorders
This page was last updated: January 14, 2014