Surgery and Urology
The Division of Pediatric Surgery and Urology at the University of Maryland Children’s Hospital (UMCH) offers comprehensive surgical care for pediatric, adolescent, and young adult patients. Our team stands at the forefront of cutting-edge techniques to provide the most innovative and effective procedures for all types of childhood conditions, ranging from common to complicated disorders.
As a 20-specialty division children’s hospital, our multispecialty practice offers well-rounded and continuous patient care. Our team specializes in surgical procedures for the head and neck, thoracic, abdominal, urologic, and many other complicated surgeries such as organ transplants. With our focus exclusively on children, our dedicated team treats more than just the illness; we care for child and the entire family.
Pediatric Surgery and Urology Highlights
- A comprehensive array of surgical options, including minimally invasive surgery, which results in less pain and complications for children.
- State-of-the-art techniques including robotic-assisted surgery, which provides precise motions that give the child smaller scars and may result in a shorter stay in the hospital.
- In collaboration with the University of Maryland School of Medicine, our team has access to the latest expanding research efforts and innovative techniques, including EXIT and ECMO.
- Children’s Hospital Intestinal Rehabilitation Program (CHIRP) is a multidisciplinary doctor’s office providing high-level care for children with short gut conditions.
- Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction Clinics treat children with enuresis, urinary incontinence and constipation.
Patient and Family Benefits
- Access to pediatric anesthesiologists to ensure all children endure procedures safely.
- Around-the-clock phone access to surgeons for both patients and referring physicians.
- Dedicated child life specialist to help children cope with painful procedures or situations.
- Collaboration with patients' families to provide support and accommodations for local and out-of-town patients.
- Unparalleled care and compassionate treatment of patients and families.
To make an appointment, call 410-328-5730.