Surgery (General and Thoracic)
The Division of Pediatric Surgery offers comprehensive pediatric surgical care for children up to 18 years of age. Division members work closely with other specialties to offer well-rounded patient care. The division works with patients' families to provide support and accommodations for local and out-of-town families.
Click here to see comprehensive list of surgical diagnoses/conditions
- Prenatal evaluations and counseling
- Postnatal diagnostic assessments
- Pre-operative and post-operative family support
- Multi-system evaluation for anomalies, tumors and trauma
- Pediatric radiology services
- Pediatric pathology services
- Tumor diagnosis
- VCUG (Voiding Cystourethogram) Often children and their families do not know exactly what to expect when visiting the hospital for certain tests and procedures. This short booklet is geared towards children and designed to help explain the steps of a Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG). We encourage parents and guardians to review the booklet before sharing it with your child. Once you are familiar with the resource it can guide you in the best way to explain the actual procedure to your child.
- Consultations on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Evaluations of patient conditions
- Special treatment procedures
- Short-term and long-term management