The Division of Pediatric Nephrology provides outpatient consultation and inpatient hospitalization for children from infancy to adolescence who suffer from renal disease or hypertension. We are able to provide kidney transplantation as well as long-term and short-term dialysis treatments. The Pediatric Nephrology team also provides prenatal consultation for congenital anomalies of the kidneys and urinary tract (CAKUT) at the Center for Advanced Fetal Care and collaborates closely with the Division Pediatric Surgery to provide comprehensive management of children with urologic disease and kidney transplantation.
Watch the story of a young girl who received a kidney transplant at the University of Maryland.
University of Maryland Medical Center
Pediatric Specialty Clinic
22 S. Greene St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center
520 Upper Chesapeake Dr.
Physicians Pavilion II, Suite 509
Bel Air, MD 21014
Hanover, Anne Arundel County practice
7556 Teague Rd., Suite 420
Hanover, MD 21076
Areas of Expertise/Patient Conditions
- Kidney transplantation
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Continuous veno-venous hemofiltration
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Water deprivation tests
- Acid loading tests
- North American Pediatric Renal Trials and Cooperative Studies (NAPRTCS)
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Children Study (CKiD)
- Pediatric Trials Network
- Anti-hypertensive trials in children with hypertension and renal disease
- Camp All-Stars for children with chronic kidney disease, dialysis and kidney transplants
To schedule an appointment with Pediatric Nephrology, please call 410-328-6749.
This page was last updated: March 23, 2015