Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics
The Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment of all pediatric infectious diseases.
The division provides outpatient evaluation and consultation for children hospitalized with complicated infections.
Learn more about the Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics.
Patient Conditions | Specialized Evaluations | Travelers Clinic | Research Activities | Services to Physicians
- Any pediatric patients with presumed infection in need of assistance with diagnosis or management plan
- Provides vaccinations and prophylaxis against infectious diseases for children and adults traveling outside the United States
- Provides evaluation of children with infections acquired abroad
Research efforts of the Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics occur within the University of Maryland Center for Vaccine Development, a world-renowned multi-disciplinary research center that focuses on development of vaccines for diseases of global significance.
Services to Physicians
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Evaluation of patient conditions
- Short-term and long-term management