Hematology and Oncology
The Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology evaluates, diagnoses and treats children with cancer and blood diseases. We treat patients who range in age from infancy to young adulthood.
Learn more about the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and our commitment to personalized, comprehensive care.
I wanted to write an expression of thanks for another wonderful day of care for my son at UMMC. I am so grateful that UMMC has extended the HEM/ONC follow up care for childhood cancer patients into adulthood. It is a very difficult transition for families, and considering new partners in treatment after many years of trusting your doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses is a bit frightening. I literally started to cry when I brought up the topic of adult followup and found out our current team would be able to continue to see my son beyond the age of 17 years. Considering that so many chronic concerns have gotten worse, or added to our list of things to attend to, it has been a blessing to have this team continue to work with my son. It is a blessing to have UMMC to turn to regarding the health of my oldest son. I'm glad you are always there for us.
- Neuroblastoma cell biology
- Experimental therapy of neuroblastoma
- Growth factor pathways in bone tumors
- Clinical leukemia research
- Sickle Cell Disease Evaluation Clinic supports primary physicians in diagnosis and long-term follow-up of patients with sickle hemoglobinopathies
Services to Physicians
- Consultation on complicated cases
- Second opinions
- Evaluation of patient conditions
- Special treatment procedures
- Short-term and long-term management
This page was last updated: February 27, 2015