Interview and Travel Information
As you plan your trip to the University of Maryland, here are some recommendations:
- All Med/Peds applicants should arrive by 7:20 a.m. You will be picked up near Au Bon Pain Cafe, located in the Main Lobby of the University Hospital. Your day will end by 2:00 p.m.
- Once you have confirmed your interview date, browse our web site to learn more about our program. Information about Baltimore, as well as things to do around the city, can be found on this page.
- Check out discount hotel rates for UMMC visitors at the UM Preferred Rate.
- Join our residents for a relaxing and informative happy hour at 6:30 p.m. the evening before your interview at a Baltimore restaurant. We will email you specific information once your interview is confirmed.
- If arriving by car, we will pay for your parking when you park in the Grand Garage or the Plaza Garage on the day of your interview.
The University of Maryland Medical Center (22 South Greene Street) is easy to reach from Interstates 95, 97, 70 and 83, as well as the Baltimore Beltway, I-695. For door-to-door driving directions see MapQuest or Google Maps. You can also get specific directions by going to umm.edu/patients/directions.
A Campus Map and Campus Guide (including a floor map of the Medical Center) are also available.
On the morning of your interview, applicants should park in the Grand Garage at 5 North Paca Street just north of Baltimore Street, or in the Plaza Garage (across from the main entrance of the hospital) on Redwood Street between Greene and Paca Streets. Bring your parking ticket with you so we can validate it.
Overview Map for the Grand and Plaza Garages