Welcome to the University of Maryland Children’s Hospital
At the University of Maryland Children’s Hospital, our goal is to be the hospital of choice for the children and families of Maryland. Every day we strive to reach our goal by offering the following:
- We have a vast range of specialty care. In fact, we have over 20 areas of pediatric specialty care, so if your family needs a pediatric specialist, such as a cardiologist, gastroenterologist, orthopaedist or pulmonologist, we can help.
- Our health care providers are pediatric specialists and don’t just dabble in pediatrics. Most physicians here are fellowship-trained meaning they spent extra time training to be a pediatric specialist.
- We have a 52-bed neonatal intensive care unit as well as a 19-bed pediatric intensive care unit where the most sophisticated care is provided to babies, children and adolescents.
- We have a pediatric emergency room where experts in pediatric emergency medicine care for children in a dedicated space where there are only children.
- We believe in bringing care to the communities we serve, which is why we have several outpatient locations around the State.
- Children are not miniature adults. Children have special needs which is why we provide age-appropriate care and offer aspects like Child Life where Child Life Specialists devote their days to making kids feel like kids!
- Every member of the family is impacted when a child is sick which is why we emphasize family-centered care.