Using the Medical Home model, ASK provides care coordination for families of children and youth with complex healthcare needs.
What is Care Coordination?
- Support for families
- Assist care providers in serving families
- Serve as a bridge between families, primary care providers and specialists
- Identify and link to community resources
- Primary point of contact for families and providers at University of Maryland Children's Hospital
- Optimize integration into school and specialized day care
- Coordinate appointments with specialists
- Personalize services for each child
What does ASK do?
- Serves as a Single Point of Entry to University of Maryland Medical Center and Children's Hospital Pediatric Specialists
- Uses a Team Approach in assisting families with their child's medical condition
- Links families, specialists, and primary care providers
- Provide Education to parents and children
- Connect to community resources
- Coordinate appointments
To simplify the lives of our patients and families who see multiple specialists by providing support and access to resources. As a liaison between the family, community, and physicians, ASK can assist families to overcome barriers in managing a child with a complex or chronic medical condition.
Arrange Home Care Services
- Durable medical equipment (DME)
- Home care
Assist Family with Developmentally Appropriate Activities
- Special Education/IEP
Locate Community Resources
Coordinate Health Care Access
- Rare and Expensive Medical Assistance (REM) referral
- Medical Assistance Transportation
- Specialty appointments within the University of Maryland Medical System
- Health insurance advocacy
- Education about health insurance options
Call our Referral Line at 410-328-6879.
Anyone can refer a patient: Parent, Doctor, Social Worker, Therapist, School, Family Member, or Community Agency. Referrals are accepted on our Referral Line at 410-328-6879 and via email at email@example.com
This page was last updated: August 6, 2013