University of Maryland Children's Hospital's physicians and staff are recognized statewide and regionally for treating children with critical illnesses and complex, chronic conditions. Click on any of the links below to read some of these inspiring patient success stories.
- Children's Heart Patient Stories
- Isaiah Cannon: MRSA infection causes multi-system organ failure in 14-year old boy; spends 59 days in PICU.
- Molly Wassenius: Received help for a gastrointestinal disorder that prevented her from gaining weight as an infant.
- iPads Add Fun for Bedridden Patients
- Kahla Tallie: Received a kidney transplant with a kidney from her mother.
- Brasen VonMoose-Lemin: Pediatric Cancer Patient Raises Funds for Second Year in a Row
- Trehmon Barnes: Grandmother Sends Note of Thanks to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Adam Purdie: Grateful Father Organizes Concert to Benefit UMHC's Pediatric Epilepsy Program.
- Michael: Parents of Former Patient Host Charity Remote Airplane Event to Benefit UMMC's NICU.
- Breanna Devilbiss: Pediatric Patient's Family Grateful for the Help and Support They Received at UMMC
- Cameron Christopher: Parents of MRSA Patient Grateful for Care, Concern and Compassion
- Matthew Colantuno: Father Donates Kidney to Save Two-Year-Old Son's Life
- Alex Gehringer: Pediatric Patient Finds Relief from Chronic Headaches with the Help of Dr. Jack Gladstein
- Keith Sullivan: Pediatric NICU patient can breathe more easily thanks to Dr. Pereira and his staff
- Khaliq Winder: Bilateral Cochlear Implants Make "Dramatic Difference" in Child's Ability to Hear
- Zac Weinstein: College freshman is 'back to normal' after receiving Remicade treatments in new Pediatric Infusion Center.
- Tommy Forsythe: Former pediatric cancer patient becomes a Reiki Master.
- Sean Menard: Sean has new lease on life thanks to four-way kidney exchange.
- Ethan: Pediatric Sedation Service helps family find answers.
- Alex Terranova: ASK program empowers family to manage their son's complex medical care.
- Jacob Ingram: UMCH genetics experts provide life-saving diagnosis to newborn with rare metabolic disorder.
- Christopher (Kit) Sherren: Multidisciplinary team of experts saves life of teen with serious neurological problem known as an arteriovenous malformation, or AVM.
- Benjamin Mayforth: Having undergone 13 surgeries to correct multiple birth defects, this charismatic 8-year-old is an inspiration to all who know him.
- Ethan Hatton: Young boy receives a kidney transplant from a non-directed donor.
This page was last updated: March 24, 2015