Physicians and Staff
The physicians and staff at the University of Maryland Children's Hospital (UMCH) understand that children have special needs. Each UMCH division is staffed by professionals who are experts in their medical disciplines, and enjoy working with children...
To ensure that UMCH patients get all of the care they need, our phsyicians and staff work together in a multidisciplinary fashion.
For more information about UMCH's physicians and staff, select from the division names below:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine: Provides general and specialized comprehensive care to adolescents and young adults 12-25 years of age.
- Behavioral and Developmental Pediatrics: Provides comprehensive consultation, evaluation and treatment for children, birth to age 21, with developmental and behavioral problems.
- Children's Heart Program: Provides compassionate and comprehensive cardiac care for children from before birth through adulthood with a specialized team of pediatric cardiologists and surgeons, diagnostic technology and interventional procedures, and an emphasis on each individual patient and their entire family.
- Center for Child Protection: Team members focus on children who are suffering from all forms of neglect and abuse.
- Critical Care (Pediatric ICU): Provides state-of-the-art multidisciplinary critical care for young patients with life-threatening medical and surgical conditions.
- Emergency Medicine: Provides acute care and stabilizes children prior to hospital admission.
- Endocrinology: Provides a range of specialized services to evaluate and manage patients with endocrine disorders, including growth problems and diabetes control.
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology: Provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient and laboratory services to evaluate and treat infants, children and adolescents with gastrointestinal disorders.
- General Pediatrics: Provides continuing comprehensive care to children from infancy through early adulthood.
- Genetics: Specialists evaluate, counsel and offer ongoing care for patients with genetic diseases, inborn errors of metabolism, birth defects and multiple malformation syndromes.
- Growth and Nutrition: Offers continuing comprehensive care to children from infancy through early childhood and consists of the Growth and Nutrition Clinic and research studies related to pediatric growth and development.
- Hematology/Oncology: Offers comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of children with cancer and blood diseases.
- Immunology and Rheumatology: Evaluates and treats children with immunologic diseases, with a special emphasis on HIV and rheumatology.
- Infectious Diseases/Tropical Pediatrics: Offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment of all pediatric infectious diseases.
- Neonatology/NICU: Offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment for all critically ill neonates, incluing extremely low birth-weight infants and those with surgical, genetic and cardiological conditions.
- Nephrology: Provides 24-hour consultation on children from infancy to adolescence who suffer from renal disease or hypertension.
- Neurology: Offers advanced multidisciplinary diagnostic and therapeutic management of neurological problems in children.
- Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery: Provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery services to evaluate and treat infants and children with oral, maxillofacial, and craniofacial disorders.
- Pulmonology and Allergy: Offers comprehensive evaluation, treatment, and education for childhood asthma and other breathing disorders, allergic diseases, and primary immunodeficiencies.
- Pediatric Orthopaedics: Provides treatment for the entire spectrum of pediatric orthopaedic problems including disorders of growth and development of the skeleton, muscles, tendons, nerves, and joints.
- Pediatric Otolaryngology: Provides comprehensive management of infants and children with all types of problems of the ears, nose, throat, head and neck.
- Pediatric Sleep Disorders Center: Provides state-of-the-art evaluations of sleep disorders from infancy through childhood and adolescence.
- Pediatric Surgery: Offers comprehensive pediatric surgical care for children up to 18 years of age.