Records Request Letter
Records Needed to Establish Eligibility for Treatment
If you think that you or your family member may be eligible for SIR-Spheres treatment, please have the following key medical records sent to us. This information will help us to determine whether Selective Internal Radiation Therapy is a good treatment option for a particular patient. Our treatment team meets regularly to review potential patient records. Once we receive the necessary records, we should be able to provide an answer in one week.
Essential records include:
- Pathology Report (from the original surgery and from a liver biopsy if done)
- Reports from the most recent CT or MRI scans of the chest, abdomen and pelvis
- Reports from PET scan if done
- Reports from your most recent blood tests, including a CBC with differential, Liver Function Tests with Bilirubin, Electrolytes, BUN and Creatinine, PT&PTT
- Copy of the first Medical Oncology consultation and more recent oncology Progress Notes.
Please feel free to contact our SIR-Spheres coordinator with any questions. Records may be Faxed or e-mailed to:
Department of Radiation Oncology
University of Maryland Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
22 S. Greene Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
For more information, please contact our SIR-Spheres coordinator, Svetlana Kudryasheva, at 410-328-8017.