Patients with aortic diseases require sophisticated care by teams with special training in diagnosing, preventing, and treating conditions of the aorta, sometimes in time sensitive emergencies. Experts within the Center for Aortic Disease care for the full spectrum of aortic conditions and are a major referral center for complex cases, including:
- Aortic aneurysms
- Aortic dissections –
- Acute Type A - usually requires emergency surgery.
- Acute Type B - usually treatable with medical management to keep blood pressure under control. If the patient shows signs of malperfusion or rupture, surgery might be necessary immediately.
- Aortic valve disease - experts within the Center for Aortic Disease also perform valve replacement using a minimally invasive approach through an incision in the groin. Learn more about this Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement procedure.
- Connective tissue disorders
- Hypertension related to aortic conditions
To schedule an appointment at the Center for Aortic Disease, please call 410-328-4771.
This page was last updated: November 4, 2013