Risk Management Education
MMCIP Required New Physician/LIP and Re-appointment Education
Maryland Medicine Comprehensive Insurance Program (MMCIP) requires, as a condition of professional liability insurance, that medical staff complete MMCIP orientation and continuing education courses as new medical staff appointees and with reappointment every two years. In order to accomplish this requirement, MMCIP has partnered with ELM, an evidence based provider of online healthcare risk management and patient safety education programs. There is no cost to you.
These courses must be completed within 90 days of your date of hire or date of medical staff re-appointment. The failure to complete these courses in a timely fashion could result in the termination of your professional liability insurance coverage.
ELM Program Access
- Go to http://mmcip.elmexchange.com
- You have already been registered.
- Username: Email
- Password: At initial login, password is elm123. Otherwise, the password you have created
- Once login has been completed, you will be greeted by a Welcome page and guided to your courses.
- Once you have completed your courses, please fax your certificate addressed to Annmarie Scalera at 410-328-3391.
Questions regarding ELM requirements?
If you have additional questions regarding ELM requirements, please contact Annmarie Scalera in MMCIP via email email@example.com or by calling (667) 214-1272.
Need help logging in or accessing your courses?