Scheduling for Badges, Health Assessments, Clinical Application and Compliance Training
Security ID Badges
Badges made at Security Service Center, NBE47
Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m.
To apply for a badge, complete the appropriate Security ID Application below. A picture ID is required.
Download the form (requires UMMC INTRANET access), fill it out, and bring it to the Security Service Center, NBE47.
You may fill out this form on-line, then click "Save As" to save it to your computer, and print a copy to bring to the Security Service Center, NBE47.
For information, call 8-1329 or e-mail Badge_Office@umm.edu.
- Security ID Badges are to be worn conspicuously displayed at all times while in the Medical System Buildings. Wear the badge on the upper part of your body where others can easily see it.
- Unauthorized use of Medical Center ID Security Badges may result in Corrective Action or revocation of the badge.
- The Security ID Badge may not be loaned, transferred, or used by anybody other than the person who is pictured and named on the badge.
- You are responsible for replacing your badge if it is missing or damaged.
- The replacement cost for a badge is $15, effective July 1, 2009.
- A new badge may be obtained without charge after two years if all prior badges have been returned or resolved.
- A new picture will be required for all new badges issued if the existing picture is more than three (3) years old.
- Security ID Badges are the property of the University of Maryland Medical Center and must be surrendered to the Medical Center upon termination, end of contract, or when requested by Medical Center management.
Employee Health Assessment
Appointments must be arranged through Employee Health Services in advance. Please visit the Medical Staff Services website to review the Scheduling and Assessment Requirements. Residents and fellows should be scheduled and should plan to bring their completed Employee Health Assessment questionnaire with them at the time of their assessment. Residents and fellows completing the Employee Health Packet on the Medical Staff Services website, must provide additional information/explanation to any questions that are answered "Yes". Residents and fellows also must bring their vaccination record or lab results indicating immunity and PPD results or for positive PPD reactors -chest-x-ray within the past 12 months at the time they present. They should also bring a note from their treating provider for any ongoing medical condition, as well as prescription bottles for any drugs that may show up during the drug screening process.
The process to complete an employee health assessment takes approximately one hour as employees will be fit-tested for a respirators at the time of the assessment. To schedule mandatory employee health assessment and respirator fit testing for residents or fellows, please call Employee Health Services at:
Employee Health Services
T1R05 (near elevators in Shock Trauma on the main floor)
Health Sciences and Human Services Library
It is mandatory that each Program Liaison schedule a training session for its new residents and fellows through the Health Sciences and Human Services Library. This session is intended to assure that residents and fellows are familiar with the library and the resources available to them. Please be sure to read and disseminate the overview of Library Resources available to residents and fellows.
Library resources may be accessed at www.hshsl.umaryland.edu . Electronic resources, such as journal articles may be accessed from home; however, residents and fellows will need their UMB Barcode to access the HS/HSL Electronic Resources. The UMB Barcode is located on the back of the UMB1 OneCard. If your residents and fellows do not have your UMB1 OneCard yet, visit UMB1 OneCard to look up your UMB Barcode. To schedule your residents or fellows into this orientation, please contact:
Jaime Friel Blanck, MLIS, AHIP
Liaison and Outreach Services Librarian
Health Sciences and Human Services Library
University of Maryland
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore, Maryland, 20201
Powerchart, FirstNet, HDF (PIM) and OTIS
Program Liaisons should contact the IS&T Training and Staff Development team to schedule their 2011 summer residents/fellows into training class on the clinical applications used at UMMC, which include PowerChart and FirstNet. You should plan to allot 4.5 hours for the training.
When contacting the IS&T Training and Staff Development team with your proposed training dates, please provide
- Two training dates and times
- Department and division name
- Your contact information: name, telephone # and email
- Alternate contact information: name, telephone # and email
- Number of residents/fellows to be trained
- List of residents/fellows names prior to the training date
- If you are a specialty department, please provide a list of the residents who completed on year of residency in a general unit
PowerChart and FirstNet training is available online for those residents/fellow unable to attend a class
- When asked, type the username clinician and the password elearning
- Click the university of MD Medical Center link in the center column
- Click the Prescriber link under What's Inside
- Main House prescribers watch all the OLTs in the left column under Prescriber Training for PowerChart. Complete the PowerChart Competency at the bottom.
- watch the OLTs in the right column under STC/ED Prescriber Training: PowerChart and FirstNet. Complete the FirstNet STC/ED Competency at the bottom.
IS&T Training and Staff Development Contact (initial)
email@example.com or call 410-328-0030 and leave a message.
You will receive an email response within 24 business hours and a 2nd email when the requested date and time have been confirmed by the IS&T Training and Staff Development group.
Please follow up with the liaison below on non-receipt of confirmation (after 48 hours)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) and Conscious Sedation Techniques
The Office of Professional Development facilitates the ACLS and BLS training for residents and fellows who are required to maintain this certification(s). A Clinical Education Calendar is available on the Medical Center's Intranet.
When contacting the Office of Professional Development to schedule your residents or fellows into a training class, please provide the name of your department or program and the training date(s) that you prefer. You should also estimate the number of training slots. You will need to fax the actual names of your trainees when they are known, but at least 1-2 weeks in advance of your scheduled date. A timeline is provided for your review.
Please print the enclosed documents for your residents:
Tori Walker, MS, PHR
Confirmation of Certification Status ACLS/BLS
UPI Compliance Training
University Physicians, Inc. (UPI) provides several aspects of the compliance training for residents and fellows. All new residents and fellows must participate in the mandatory compliance training. The training covers an introduction into compliance; fraud and abuse; regulatory matters; general coding and documentation; Medicare teaching physician rules; as well as privacy and security overview (HIPAA).
All new residents and fellows must complete this training within 30 days of their hire date.
To register for the UPI training, please contact UPI at (410) 328-9188. Please contact UPI in advance to set up the training. This allows training to be tailored to the specialty specific needs. If individual training is needed, this is conducted as part of one the UPI's regular training sessions, generally held every Monday from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Registration is required for both types of training.
For additional information, please visit the website, http:/intranet.upi.umaryland.edu/compliance/compliance.asp, or contact Edith Sunderland at (410) 328-2425, firstname.lastname@example.org.