Wellness Classes and Lunchtime Lectures
University of Maryland Medical Center's Patient Resource Center
22 S. Greene St.
The University of Maryland Medical Center's Patient Resource Center is offering a variety of classes and lectures including:
- Storks Nest Prenatal Education--All classes run from 10:30 a.m -12:30 p.m. every Friday. Please contact Stork's Nest at 410-328-6997 for information and registration.
- Childbirth Education, Infant CPR, and Infant Care--Please contact the Childbirth Education office at 410-328-2944 for class information and registration.
- Smoking Cessation --American Lung Association's Freedom from Smoking--Free weekly class for 8 weeks on Tuesdays from 12 p.m.- 1 p.m. Call 410-328-9355 to register. You don't have to quit the first day! The class is free, and includes an ALA educational packet. Stop by the Patient Resource Center to find out how you can kick the habit.
- Spine/Orthopaedics Pre-Op Class--Wednesdays, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Patient Resource Center. For more information call Cindy Fox or Pauline Esoga at 410-328-5360.
- Food Safety: It's in Your Hands--Weekly on Mondays at 10 a.m. in the 9 Gudelsky Conference Room, near the BMT unit entrance. For any Cancer Center patients, families or caregivers. To register, please call 410-328-5462.
- Seated Massage--Fridays, 12 noon - 3 p.m. $18 for a 15-minute seated massage, call Patient Resource center to schedule an appointment.
For more information or to register for any of the classes (except for Storks Nest), please contact the Patient Resource Center at 410-328-WELL (9355). All sessions are free unless noted.
This page was last updated: June 26, 2013