Uterine Fibroid Embolization 1 of 2
Radiologists are known for looking inside the body to diagnose health problems. And now, many of these same doctors now use advanced imaging equipment not just to diagnose, but also to treat a wide range of problems. In this program, you'll learn how interventional radiologists use minimally invasive techniques to help people with many conditions, including uterine fibroids and cancer.
Part one of this two-part program addresses the following topics:
- What is interventional radiology (IR)?
- Technological advances to see inside the body
- Overview of conditions that can be treated with IR
- SIR-Spheres treatment for liver cancer
- Radio frequency ablation for tumors
Dr. Howard Richard, an interventional radiologist at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Richard is also an assistant professor of diagnostic radiology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
This page was last updated: August 21, 2013