Fetal Medicine 1 of 2
Babies usually develop normally during pregnancy but sometimes the fetus can be at risk of health problems. Thats where a specialist in maternal/fetal medicine comes in. In this interview, well learn how these experts diagnose and treat health challenges for babies before they are born.
Part one of this two-part program addresses the following topics:
- What is maternal/fetal medicine?
- First trimester problems
- How first trimester problems are detected
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Different types of ultrasound
- Nuchal translucency screening
- Imaging the fetal heart and blood flow
Dr. Ahmet Baschat, a maternal/fetal medicine specialist at the Center for Advanced Fetal Care at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Baschat is also a professor of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
This page was last updated: March 7, 2014