Trauma Care 2 of 2
A traumatic injury can happen in an instant, changing someone's life forever. In this program, viewers will learn about some of the latest trends in trauma care and have an inside look at the nation's premier trauma center, the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where the term "the Golden Hour" was born.
Part two of this two-part program addresses the following topics:
- Hyperbaric chamber: oxygen therapy
- Minimally invasive advances in trauma care
- Recovery - physical therapy
- Preventing traumatic injuries
- Complementary medicine - Reiki/acupuncture
- Staff compassion fatigue
- Pain management
Karen Doyle, Vice President of Nursing and Operations at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center.
This page was last updated: November 25, 2013