Rehabilitation Medicine 1 of 2
Physical rehabilitation plays an important role in helping people recover from spinal cord injuries, stroke, and orthopaedic injuries. There are some new approaches to this type of medicine that are helping people regain function and have a better quality of life.
Part one of this two-part program addresses the following topics:
- Goals of rehabilitation
- Physical therapy/occupational therapy
- Connection between neurology and rehabilitation
- Robotic training and research for rehabilitation
- Stroke rehab using treadmills and robotic hand device
- Electrical stimulation and rehabilitation
Dr. Peter Gorman, the chief of Rehabilitation Medicine at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedics Institute, formally Kernan Hospital. And Dr. Gorman is also an associate professor of Neurology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
This page was last updated: November 27, 2013