High Blood Pressure 1 of 2
Millions of Americans have hypertension, putting them at increased risk for serious medical conditions such as heart attack and stroke. However, there are many ways to lower the risk. In this program, you will learn from an expert about treating and preventing high blood pressure.
Part one of this two-part program addresses the following topics:
- What is high blood pressure?
- What is hypertension?
- Systolic and diastolic
- High blood pressure diagnosis
- Hypertension risk factors
- Aging and high blood pressure
- Hypertension Symptoms
- Screening high blood pressure
- Monitoring high blood pressure
- Children and high blood pressure
Dr. Wallace Johnson, a specialist in hypertension at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Johnson is also an assistant professor of medicine at the University Of Maryland School Of Medicine.
This page was last updated: August 7, 2013