Pesticide risks around the home

Toggle: English / Spanish

Pesticide risks around the home

Pesticides are substances which kill or deter unwanted pests, such as insects or rodents. These substances can also be very harmful to children if ingested. Avoid storing toxic substances in unmarked and inappropriate containers (such as food containers), and put safety latches on cabinets that a child should not open. The best way to avoid an accidental ingestion is to keep all pesticides out of the reach of children.

Pesticide risks around the home

Version Info

  • Last reviewed on 3/30/2007
  • A.D.A.M. Medical Illustration Team

A.D.A.M., Inc. is accredited by URAC, also known as the American Accreditation HealthCare Commission (www.urac.org). URAC's accreditation program is an independent audit to verify that A.D.A.M. follows rigorous standards of quality and accountability. A.D.A.M. is among the first to achieve this important distinction for online health information and services. Learn more about A.D.A.M.'s editorial policy, editorial process and privacy policy. A.D.A.M. is also a founding member of Hi-Ethics and subscribes to the principles of the Health on the Net Foundation (www.hon.ch)

The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This page was last updated: April 14, 2014

         
Average rating (0)