Vitamin B combination (By mouth)
Supplies your body with B vitamins. You might need extra B vitamins because of an illness or other medicines that you are using. You might not be getting enough B vitamins from the food you eat, or for other reasons.
Allbee w/C, B-Compleet, B-Plex, B6-Folic Acid, Balanced B50, Carlson Homocysteine Guard, Cerefolin, Deplin 15, Deplin 7.5, Diatx Zn, Eligen B12, FaBB, Folast, Folbee, Folbic
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Tablet, Liquid, Long Acting Tablet, Capsule
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. You might need to shake the liquid just before you use it.
If a dose is missed:
- Missing a dose of a vitamin supplement is usually not a cause for concern.
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Tell your doctor if you have liver disease or kidney disease.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 7/4/2015
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.