Sermorelin (By injection)
Used as part of a medical test for measuring growth hormone in the body.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you are using insulin, or pain or arthritis medicine such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or indomethacin. Your doctor will need to know if you are using clonidine (Catapres®), levodopa (Sinemet®), or a steroid such as dexamethasone, prednisolone, prednisone, or Medrol®.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using propylthiouracil (PTU), or a growth hormone such as Norditropin® or Humatrope®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Your doctor will need to know if you have diabetes, underactive thyroid, or a history of blood sugar problems.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Chest tightness, or fast heartbeat.
- Lightheadedness or fainting.
- Redness, pain, blistering, or rash where the needle is placed.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Pale skin.
- Unusual taste in your mouth.
- Warmth or redness in your face.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 12/12/2016
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.