Pyrazinamide (By mouth)
Treats tuberculosis (TB), usually in combination with other TB drugs.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered. You must take this medicine for as long as your doctor ordered. Even if you feel better, do not stop taking this medicine.
- May be taken with or without food or milk.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have diabetes, gout or liver disease.
- Talk with your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash, severe itching or hives
- Pain or swelling in the joints
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Fever or chills
- Dark urine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual tiredness or loss of appetite
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 7/4/2015
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.