Orphenadrine citrate/aspirin/caffeine (By mouth)
Aspirin (AS-pir-in), Caffeine (KAF-een), Orphenadrine Citrate (or-FEN-a-dreen SIT-rate)
Treats pain and relaxes muscles. Belongs to a class of drugs called muscle relaxants.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
- Avoid taking other medicines that make you sleepy such as antihistamines (Benadryl®), sleeping pills, tranquilizers, antidepressants, seizure medicines, pain medicines, or narcotic pain-killers.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Talk with your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or have glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, ulcers, liver or kidney disease, intestinal blockage, enlarged prostate, urinary tract blockage, or heart disease.
- Aspirin, or medicine that has aspirin in it, should not be given to teenagers or children who have chickenpox or flu symptoms, unless ordered by your doctor.
- This medicine may cause dizziness or lightheadedness. It may also affect vision. Be careful if you are driving a car or operating machinery.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Confusion or agitation
- Hearing or seeing new or unusual things
- Chest tightness or trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Trouble urinating
- Blurred vision
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 4/8/2016
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.