Dyclonine hydrochloride/glycerin (By mouth)
Dyclonine Hydrochloride (DYE-kloe-neen hye-droe-KLOR-ide), Glycerin (GLIS-er-in)
Temporarily relieves sore throat or mouth pain, minor mouth irritation, or pain caused by canker sores. This medicine is an oral anesthetic.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You or your child should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to dyclonine hydrochloride, or glycerin.
How to Use This Medicine
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Spray this medicine before bedtime, when you first wake up, or when you need instant relief.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Call your doctor if you have a severe sore throat that lasts more than 2 days, or if you also have a fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if your sore mouth symptoms get worse or do not improve within 7 days.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last Reviewed on 06/12/2013
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.