Dextromethorphan (By mouth)
Treats a cough.
Babee Cof Syrup, Children's Robitussin Cough Long Acting, Children's Triaminic Long Acting Cough, Cough DM, Creo-Terpin, Creomulsion Cough, Creomulsion For Children, Delsym, Dexalone, Dextromethorphan Polistirex, EntexPAC, Father John's Medicine, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Cough DM ER, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Cough Relief, Good Neighbor Tussin
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Chewable Tablet, Lozenge, Liquid, Thin Sheet, Tablet, Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
- The chewable tablet can be chewed or crushed or swallowed whole. Drink plenty of water after swallowing the tablet.
- Slowly dissolve the lozenge in your mouth.
- Shake the oral liquid well just before each use. Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. It is not usually a concern if you miss one dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, light, and moisture. Do not freeze the oral liquid.
- Keep all medicine away from children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have asthma or liver disease.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild drowsiness, dizziness, nervousness, or restlessness
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 12/12/2016
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.