Chlorzoxazone (By mouth)
Treats pain and stiffness caused by muscle spasm. This medicine is a muscle relaxer.
Lorzone, Parafon Forte DSC, Remular-S
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed.
- You may swallow the tablets whole, or you may crush the tablets and mix them with a small amount of food or liquid.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you use anything else that makes you sleepy. Some examples are allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, and alcohol.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or glaucoma.
- This medicine can cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. Be careful when you drive a car or use machines.
- This medicine can cause your urine to turn orange or red. This is normal.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Dark urine or pale stools, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, yellow eyes or skin
- Muscle weakness or slurred speech
- Drowsiness, dizziness, clumsiness
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 7/4/2015
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.