Analgesic (On the skin)
Alcolado Relampago, Amlactin Distribution Pack, Arctic Relief, Berri-Freez, Biofreeze, Biofreeze Pain Relieving Spray, Blistex, Calypxo, Cortane-B, Dendracin Neurodendraxcin, DermaSarra, Eucalyptamint, Exoten-C, Freeze It, Freeze It Feet
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Stick, Patch, Pad, Thin Sheet, Lotion, Spray, Gel/Jelly, Ointment, Liquid, Powder, Cream
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not apply this medicine on a wound.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless directed by your doctor.
- Do not use a heating pad where you applied the medicine, unless your doctor tells you to.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not put cosmetics or skin care products on the treated skin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have sensitive skin.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Do not apply this medicine on a child who is younger than 12 years, unless your doctor tells you to.
- If your pain lasts more than 7 days or gets better but comes back, stop using this medicine and talk with your doctor.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Skin redness or irritation
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 12/4/2015
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.