Amino acid supplement (By mouth)
Supplies your body with amino acids if you need more than you get in your diet. Amino acids are used by your body to make proteins.
Amino Blend, Amino-Vil, AppTrim, AppTrim Lifestyles Obesity Management Program, AppTrim Lifestyles Post-Bariatric Surgery Program, AppTrim Lifestyles Pre-Bariatric Surgery Program, AppTrim-D, Appbutamone, Appbutamone-D, Appformin, Appformin-D, Arginaid, Camino Pro 15, Camino Pro with Glytactin Complete, Carlson L-Arginine
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid, Capsule, Powder, Packet, Bar
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Swallow the tablet,extended-release tablet,capsule, or liquid-filled capsule whole. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- Chew the chewable tablet thoroughly before you swallow it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicine to treat an infection (antibiotic).
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Ask your doctor before you use this medicine if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or a blood disease such as sickle cell anemia. Tell your doctor if you have a history of herpes or cold sores.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness.
- Upset stomach.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 12/4/2015
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.